DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - The resignation of Meredith Dolan as Bucks County's human resources director was accepted by county commissioners Wednesday night.
The resignation was effective July 10.
Dolan had been suspended on June 25 after a grand jury report called into question some of her department's practices.
Travis Monroe, deputy human resources director, has been heading the department since Dolan's departure.
Spokesman Chris Edward said the county is working on filling the director position and commissioners may have an update at their next meeting on July 30.
Dolans was suspended after a grand jury report said nearly a half million dollars of taxpayers' money had been wasted.
According to the grand jury, the county had paid nearly $500,000 for health insurance premiums to cover some employees' ex-spouses and ineligible relatives.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Updated Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley