DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A Bucks County dad entered a plea deal in connection with the accidental shooting death of his son last fall.
Nicholas Wyllie, 26, pleaded guilty Monday to involuntary manslaughter, endangering the welfare of a child, and reckless endangerment.
He was sentenced to one to two years in Bucks County Jail.
He was also given three years probation consecutive to the incarceration sentence as well as no firearm possession and 30 hours of community service in a parent/gun safety program.
Authorities say Wyllie's 2-year-old son, Benjamin Smith, picked up Wyllie's loaded handgun and accidentally shot himself in the chest in September 2016.
Benjamin died later at St. Luke's Hospital in Quakertown.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business