DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A Bucks County dad entered a plea deal in connection with the accidental shooting death of his son last fall.
Nicholas Wyllie, 26, pleaded guilty Monday to involuntary manslaughter, endangering the welfare of a child, and reckless endangerment.
He was sentenced to one to two years in Bucks County Jail.
He was also given three years probation consecutive to the incarceration sentence as well as no firearm possession and 30 hours of community service in a parent/gun safety program.
Authorities say Wyllie's 2-year-old son, Benjamin Smith, picked up Wyllie's loaded handgun and accidentally shot himself in the chest in September 2016.
Benjamin died later at St. Luke's Hospital in Quakertown.
Officials said one person died in a fire in East Coventry Township, Chester County Sunday morning.Read More »
- Bill Cosby juror speaks: 'We had no real new evidence'
- Quakertown School Board approves 2017-18 insurance renewal; announces special meeting
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Bill Cosby judge to rule on whether to release juror names
- Updated 1 person dead after early morning fire in Chester County
- Updated DA: Upper Saucon standoff ends; suspects die in apparent murder-suicide
- Mostly sunny, seasonable today with low humidity; a brief shower in spots
- New mountain slide opens at Camelback
- 1 person killed in ATV crash in South Manheim Twp.
- Man killed when car hits tree in Summit Hill
- Elderly woman dies weeks after crash in Allentown
- Rodale Institute offers fresh, organic produce with farm share program
- Man pleads in burglary that left 1 suspect with severed hand
- Local organ recipient shares her story