CHALFONT, Pa. - Police are looking for a person who shot one of their own early Monday morning.
It happened around 3:15 a.m. in the parking lot area of the Lenape Valley Swim Club, in the 100 block of Westview Avenue.
Officials said 32-year-old Jon Cousin stopped a suspicious vehicle and when he approached the car, an occupant of the car got out and fired at him.
The gunshot hit Cousin in the chest area, but he was wearing a bulletproof vest that stopped the bullet.
Cousin was taken to Abington Hospital where he was treated and released. He's expected to be okay. He's been on the force for three years.
Police are now looking for an older model maroon Oldsmobile with four suspects that fled the scene.
Bucks County and state K-9 units have been called to the scene to help search for the suspects.
The car was last seen southbound on Route 309.
There was nothing Nicholas Wyllie could do to save 2-year-old son Benjamin Smith but there was something he could have done to prevent his death.Read More »
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying