WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - Two men are in custody and two others are being sought in a home invasion robbery that resulted in the death of a Montgomery County teenager.
Prosecutors on Monday filed charges of first, second and third degree murder against three of the men -- Andre Collier, Rasheed Teel and Charles Freeman. A fourth man involved remains unidentified.
Teel is already locked up in the Montgomery County Correctional Facility; Freeman was apprehended earlier Monday. Collier remains at large and should be considered armed and dangerous, officials said.
Freeman drove Collier, Teel and the unidentified man to 1255 Manatawny St. in West Pottsgrove Township. Freeman remained outside while the three others stormed the home and bound the hands of three occupants with clear packing-style tape, authorities said.
The suspects demanded money from Kareem Ali Borowy, who was subsequently removed from the home at gunpoint and driven away by Freeman, police said. The remaining two occupants were able to free themselves and run to a neighbors' home to contact police.
Borowy, 19, was later found dead alongside Sanatoga Station Road in Lower Pottsgrove Township, said police, adding that an autopsy revealed he died of a gunshot wound to the back.
Anyone with information about the case, Collier's whereabouts, or the identity of the fourth man is asked to contact the West Pottsgrove Police Department at 610-323-2090, Lower Pottsgrove Police Department at 610-326-1508 or the Montgomery County Detective Bureau at 610-278-3368.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley