WEST CALN TWP., Pa. - A Chester County woman who admitted to playing a role in the brutal beating death of her 3-year-old son has learned her fate.
Jillian Tait was sentenced Monday to 42 to 94 years in prison for the murder of her son, Scotty McMillan.
Tait pleaded guilty to a number of charges back in April, including 3rd-degree murder.
Tait and her then-boyfriend, Gary Fellenbaum, were arrested after Scotty was found to have been "systematically tortured and beaten to death" inside their West Caln Township home in 2014.
Fellenbaum pleaded guilty to 1st-degree murder in September. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
It was a packed house at a special council meeting in East Greenville Friday night. The meeting was called to vote on a motion to prepare and advertise an ordinance to disband the East Greenville Police Department.Read More »
- Restaurant employee helps save customer's life
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Bucks woman gets prison for DUI crash that killed Allentown man
- Nockamixon provides permits to collect firewood
- 11-year US marshal identified as officer slain in Harrisburg
- Updated Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- A mild and dry weekend with some 50-degree sunshine
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski
- East Greenville tables discussion of disbanding police department
- Kutztown police: Graffiti is not art; it's vandalism
- Eagles fever spreading as NFC Championship game nears