DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Closing arguments have wrapped up in one of the most twisted cases of child abuse ever reported in our area.
52-year-old Lee Kaplan is accused of raping and sexually assaulting six girls who were "gifted" to him by their parents.
The prosecution says Kaplan started abusing children when they were as young as 8-years-old, even fathering two children with the oldest daughter.
The defense says he was taken advantage of by an opportunistic family.
The victims' parents, Savilla and Daniel Stoltzfus, were convicted of child endangerment and are waiting to be sentenced.
Parking scofflaws might be getting a gift, but likely not in time for the holidays.Read More »
- Pete Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed after agreement
- Happy birthday, Coldilocks! Oldest polar bear in US turns 37
- SEPTA marks Philadelphia trolley's 125th anniversary
- 'Shop with a Cop' makes kids' Christmas brighter
- Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial
- Like a real-life Hoth, Star Wars fans brave the snow
- Ashley's Angels making Christmas miracles in Berks County
- APD vs. BPD in a Christmas tree throw for charity
- Bethlehem police: Man shoots ex-girlfriend, her new boyfriend