DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Closing arguments have wrapped up in one of the most twisted cases of child abuse ever reported in our area.
52-year-old Lee Kaplan is accused of raping and sexually assaulting six girls who were "gifted" to him by their parents.
The prosecution says Kaplan started abusing children when they were as young as 8-years-old, even fathering two children with the oldest daughter.
The defense says he was taken advantage of by an opportunistic family.
The victims' parents, Savilla and Daniel Stoltzfus, were convicted of child endangerment and are waiting to be sentenced.
As a spring storm continues to dump snow on Berks County, BARTA put the brakes on bus service in Berks County.Read More »
- US Senate confirms top prosecutor for Pa.'s Eastern District
- Traffic restrictions, road crews in place ahead of storm
- PennDOT prepares for yet another winter storm
- Too-young lieutenant governor candidate ordered off ballot
- Transit riders warned of disruptions due to storm
- Political analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- Updated Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Allentown
- Updated Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts