MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Pa. - Montgomery County Commissioners have declared a Code Blue cold weather emergency for Montgomery County.
Acting on advice from The Montgomery County Department of Public Safety, based on a review of forecasts from the National Weather Service, the Commissioners have declared the period beginning at 8:00 p.m on Tuesday December 24, 2013 until 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 28, 2013 as a Code Blue period.
A Code Blue Weather Declaration is made in Montgomery County when winter conditions pose a threat of serious harm or death to individuals without shelter.
A Code Blue is called when the combination of air temperature and wind chill is anticipated to be 20 degrees Fahrenheit or less.
For general cold weather information, visit the Montgomery County Health Department website at www.montcopa.org
Pete Rose is on the ballot for the Philadelphia Phillies' wall of fame, his first association with the team since he was banned from baseball in 1989.Read More »
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Updated Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Updated Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- Updated 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Updated LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- Updated ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Thursday's record-breaking warmth in Allentown
- Good Samaritan recalls stabbing attack