PHILADELPHIA - After two false starts, a Philadelphia abortion doctor has signed off on a federal plea agreement over his distribution of OxyContin and other painkillers.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is already serving life without parole in the deaths of three babies born alive at his clinic in Philadelphia.
Gosnell, 72, ran a "pill mill" by day and a rogue "abortion mill" by night, authorities said.
The investigation into his abortion practices came after federal agents raided the clinic over allegations he was flooding city streets with the widely abused painkillers.
Gosnell has twice come to federal court for a plea hearing, only to balk at the deal.
His lawyer, Jack McMahon, said Gosnell signed the latest plea agreement over the weekend and is due in court for the plea on July 9.
Officials said the holdup happened Friday night at the BB&T Bank in the 1100 of Town Square Road, near Route 100.Read More »
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Man held up after posting Craigslist ad
- Teen suicide: There's somewhere to turn
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery