NORRISTOWN, Pa. - The judge in Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial says jurors can hear the comedian's prior testimony about giving quaaludes to women before sex.
Judge Steven O'Neill ruled Tuesday that prosecutors can read the testimony into the record at Cosby's retrial on charges he drugged and molested Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia mansion in 2004.
Cosby testified at a deposition related to Constand's lawsuit against him that he had gotten quaaludes from his doctor in Los Angeles in the 1970s. He said he was given seven prescriptions for the now-banned sedative, ostensibly for a sore back.
Cosby said he never took the drug, instead giving it to women he wanted to have sex with.
“Quaaludes happen to be the drug that kids, young people were using to party with and there were times when I wanted to have them just in case,” Cosby testified.
Cosby's lawyers argued the testimony is irrelevant to his retrial because there's no evidence he gave Constand the drug.
An unknown person gained entry into the home of an 83-year-old resident at the 300 block of Easton Road in Riegelsville.Read More »
- 1 injured in Norristown apartment fire
- Cosby's attorneys attempt to raise doubt about timeframe of assault
- Funeral draws hundreds for boy, 12, born with half a heart
- Southwest offers apology, $5K to passengers on damaged jet
- Plane passenger dilemma: Protect child or try to save victim
- Cosby judge puts off ruling on deposition
- Coroner identifies woman found dead in Monroe County
- Bloomsburg mayor accused of soliciting prostitutes
- Food Truck food drive draws a crowd
- WFMZ & Dorney Park Team Up For 2nd Food Truck Food Drive For Second Harvest
- Police investigating shots fired at Allentown tattoo shop
- State police seeking information on jewelry theft in Bucks County
- Funeral for Barbara Bush held Saturday
- History's Headlines: Charles Ellet: Bridge builder, warrior, Pennsylvanian
- Easton resident finds drawers disturbed after letting in fake water company employee
- Holistic health coach talks Spring detox diet