A Montgomery County Commissioner accused of lying to a grand jury is not back on the job.
Officials said Jim Matthews did not attend Wednesday's public meeting on the county budget.
Matthews hasn't said why.
He's accused of lying about his relationship with a business that works with the county.
Matthews resigned as chair of the county commissioners but he promised to finish the last weeks of his term.
Meantime, officials said county solicitor Barry Miller has resigned.
All this while the county faces a 44-million dollar budget deficit.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Updated Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Updated A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury