TRAPPE, Pa. - Police have arrested a couple they found in a car passed out with 2 babies inside.
Police were called to the parking lot of the Water Works Park at 230 First Avenue in Trappe Borough, Montgomery County, around 6:45 p.m. Friday for a report of two unconscious adults.
When police arrived on the scene, they found Ellen Vaughn Thompson of Pottstown passed out on the ground outside the car, and Nigel Levern Stewart of Boyertown was passed out in the back seat of the car.
A 1-year-old and an 8-month-old baby were strapped into car seats in the back seat.
The children were taken to a local hospital for evaluation, and Children and Youth Services were contacted, police said.
Thompson was charged with endangering the welfare of children, driving under the influence, driving with suspended license, disorderly conduct, possession of drug paraphernalia and public drunkenness.
Stewart was charged with endangering the welfare of children, disorderly conduct, possession of drug paraphernalia and public drunkenness.
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt
- Man indicted in double stabbing that left ex-girlfriend dead, Bucks man injured
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart