NORTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - Another local shopping mall is due to be sold to the highest bidder.
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania has scheduled the Coventry Mall near Pottstown to go up for auction next month.
The mall's owner owes trustees more than $62 million, according to a notice posted at the mall.
The mall, located on Route 724 at Route 100 in North Coventry Twp., Chester Co., has dozens of stores, including Boscov's, Kohl's, TGI Friday's and Schuylkill Valley Sports.
One of the mall's large anchor spaces, however, has remained empty since Sears closed in early 2012.
The auction is scheduled for 11 a.m. on Sept. 19 at the mall.
The Fairgrounds Square Mall in Muhlenberg Twp., Berks Co., fell under similar circumstances when it was sold earlier this year at a U.S. Marshal auction for $13.6 million.
The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company was the lone bidder for the cash-strapped mall, whose previous owner defaulted on its mortgage, owing the bank about $44 million.
The mall remains open.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death