NORTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - Another local shopping mall is due to be sold to the highest bidder.
The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania has scheduled the Coventry Mall near Pottstown to go up for auction next month.
The mall's owner owes trustees more than $62 million, according to a notice posted at the mall.
The mall, located on Route 724 at Route 100 in North Coventry Twp., Chester Co., has dozens of stores, including Boscov's, Kohl's, TGI Friday's and Schuylkill Valley Sports.
One of the mall's large anchor spaces, however, has remained empty since Sears closed in early 2012.
The auction is scheduled for 11 a.m. on Sept. 19 at the mall.
The Fairgrounds Square Mall in Muhlenberg Twp., Berks Co., fell under similar circumstances when it was sold earlier this year at a U.S. Marshal auction for $13.6 million.
The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company was the lone bidder for the cash-strapped mall, whose previous owner defaulted on its mortgage, owing the bank about $44 million.
The mall remains open.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- 2 taken to hospital after shooting in Allentown
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Updated Berks Encore granted share of $2M from Pennsylvania Lottery
- Updated Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- Bethlehem Township man killed in motorcycle crash