SOUTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - Traffic was brought to a standstill Tuesday night on Route 100 in Chester County.
Around 6:00 p.m. police say a pickup truck hit a pole in South Coventry Township.
The pole then fell onto the road and caught on fire.
Route 100 was shut down in the area for several hours.
Another accident less than a mile away also snarled traffic.
There was no word on injuries.
The rain interfered with plans for some VIP guests at the Pottstown parade, but the true meaning of Memorial Day couldn't be obscured by the clouds.Read More »
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade