POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Two men are facing murder charges in connection with the shooting death of a 22-year-old man in Pottstown Friday, and one suspect is still on the loose.
Officials announced the charges Monday against 20-year-old Daquan Hamilton and 21-year-old Khaleef Jones.
Police responded to a report of a shooting around 12:30 a.m. Friday at the King Street Commons Apartments at 262 King St.
Hamilton and Jones forced their way into an apartment while armed with handguns and shot two of the three men inside, investigators said.
George Hashimbey died at the scene. The other shooting victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
Jones is currently being held in Philadelphia County, awaiting arraignment on the Montgomery County charges.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Hamilton is asked to contact the Pottstown Police Department at 610-970-6570 or Montgomery County detective bureau at 610-278-3368.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback