A Pennsylvania state lawmaker has his sites set on Washington, D.C.
State Sen. Daylin Leach (D-Montgomery/Delaware) announced plans Tuesday to run for Congress.
He's running for the 13th District, which includes parts of Montgomery County and northeast Philadelphia.
This seat is currently held by Allyson Schwartz (D-Pa), who has announced her candidacy for governor and is not running for re-election.
Leach was elected to the state General Assembly in 2002, and in 2008 was elected to the state Senate.
He earned an undergraduate degree in political science from Temple University and graduated from University of Houston Law School.
Philadelphia police were continuing to investigate after raiding a pot-smoking party at a city warehouse, arresting 22 people and seizing 50 pounds of marijuana.Read More »
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Updated Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Updated Dorney sworn in as new Allentown police chief
- Updated Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Northampton man accused of choking girlfriend unconscious
- Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends