HARRISBURG, Pa. - Democrats hoping to take on Republican Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett went head to head in a debate Friday.
Six of the seven Democrats running for governor shared a stage for the two-hour debate in Harrisburg.
"I think the big thing about the Democratic candidates is that they are about 85 to 90 percent on the same page," said Terry Madonna, the director of the Center for Politics and Public Affairs at Franklin and Marshall College as well as the director of the Franklin and Marshall College Poll.
"They have some differences but these aren't exactly on issues the voters are likely to make a vote choice decision about," he added.
A Franklin and Marshall College poll of registered Democrats released this week shows York businessman Tom Wolf has the most support at 36 percent. The other six candidates are below ten-percent.
"I don't think there's any doubt that Tom Wolf's commercials, some 1,800 of them in four television markets across the state, have made a difference," said Madonna.
In the poll, 48 percent of registered Democrats say they are still undecided.
"If you're one of the other six candidates, I think you've got to get on television, you've got to tell a story that folks believe," said Madonna. "The difficulty that the other candidates have is they may be known in a very small part of the state but not throughout the commonwealth as a whole."
A Quinnipiac University poll also released this week said Wolf leads Republican Gov. Tom Corbett 52 to 33 percent.
- Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Nearly record warmth this afternoon and tomorrow with a few showers
- It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Updated Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting