DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A psychiatrist in Bucks County is accused of inappropriately touching three female patients.
Dr. Basem Shlewiet was arrested Thursday afternoon at his office at 16 N. Franklin St. in Doylestown.
Authorities say they received the reports from the patients between April and December of 2013.
The patients told investigators that they had been touched in a criminal manner during treatment.
Police say two of the victims are 14 and 17 years of age. The other was 22 years old.liberado peralta
Shlewiet, 42, of the 3600 block of Green Ridge Road in Furlong, was charged with unlawful contact with a minor, corruption of minors, and indecent assault.
He was taken to the Bucks County Correctional Facility Thursday night on $250,000 bail.
Actor Bill Cosby is set to return to a Pennsylvania courtroom Monday to ask a judge to bring in outside jurors in his criminal sex assault case.Read More »
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies