DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A psychiatrist in Bucks County is accused of inappropriately touching three female patients.
Dr. Basem Shlewiet was arrested Thursday afternoon at his office at 16 N. Franklin St. in Doylestown.
Authorities say they received the reports from the patients between April and December of 2013.
The patients told investigators that they had been touched in a criminal manner during treatment.
Police say two of the victims are 14 and 17 years of age. The other was 22 years old.liberado peralta
Shlewiet, 42, of the 3600 block of Green Ridge Road in Furlong, was charged with unlawful contact with a minor, corruption of minors, and indecent assault.
He was taken to the Bucks County Correctional Facility Thursday night on $250,000 bail.
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- Updated The curtain goes up tonight on the 15th annual Freddy Awards
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- The Russo family is growing!
- Updated Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Traffic restrictions coming for Strata II work
- Allentown kicks of summer movie series with 'Rogue One'
- Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- Reading police investigating shooting
- Life Lessons: Tips to help kids sleep