WEST CHESTER, Pa. - Forty-four people have been arrested in what law enforcement officials are calling the largest drug ring prosecution in Chester County's history.
Twelve more people are still being sought on outstanding warrants in what has been a year-long multi-agency probe targeting a major cocaine trafficking network with ties to a Mexican drug cartel," said District Attorney Tom Hogan.
Prosecutors said the cartel moved more than $60 million in cocaine through southern Chester County over the last 20 years.
The investigation, Hogan said, involved local police departments, state police, a regional drug enforcement task force, and federal agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
The ring has ties to "La Familia" cartel, one of Mexico's most violent drug trafficking organizations, Hogan said.
The rain interfered with plans for some VIP guests at the Pottstown parade, but the true meaning of Memorial Day couldn't be obscured by the clouds.Read More »
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans