Whether you're taking mass transit or driving yourself to the U.S. Open golf tournament in Delaware County, you'll find extended hours and more routes.
Montgomery County is expanding hours at the parking garage on Cherry Street in Norristown for the rest of the week.
"With thousands of golf fans taking advantage of SEPTA's excellent service to Merion Golf Club both on the regional rails and the Norristown High Speed Line, we have significantly expanded the hours of the Cherry Street garage," said Josh Shapiro, chair of the board of county commissioners.
The garage will be open Wednesday through Sunday from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the convenience of golf fans.
The daily parking fee will be $6. There are entrances to the garage from both Main and Cherry streets.
The garage is two blocks from the Norristown Transportation Center.
Those parking in the garage can walk a block east on Main Street and a block south on Swede Street to read the Transportation Center and the High Speed Line.
In addition, SEPTA has announced expanded service with special schedules on its Paoli/Thorndale Regional Road Line and Norristown High Speed Line.
The special schedule will be in effect for the entire duration of the tournament.
For the complete schedule visit the SEPTA website.
Actor Bill Cosby is set to return to a Pennsylvania courtroom Monday to ask a judge to bring in outside jurors in his criminal sex assault case.Read More »
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association