PHILADELPHIA - A convicted bank robber paroled in 2011 is under arrest again, charged with carrying out a new string of holdups in the Philadelphia area as the man dubbed the "Straw Hat Bandit."
The FBI arrested 57-year-old Richard Boyle on Thursday on charges he committed 11 bank robberies from 2012 through 2016. The first occurred less than a year after Boyle got out of prison.
The FBI says Boyle wore disguises during the stickups, including a straw hat and mask.
He's accused of brandishing a handgun in nearly all the robberies, netting nearly a half-million dollars.
It was unclear whether he has a lawyer. A message left at his photography business wasn't returned.
Officials said a 9-year-old boy died in a fire in Chester County Sunday morning.Read More »
- 1 person dead after early morning fire in Chester County
- Bill Cosby juror speaks: 'We had no real new evidence'
- Quakertown School Board approves 2017-18 insurance renewal; announces special meeting
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Updated 2 dead in murder-suicide after barricade had extensive criminal history
- Suspects killed in apparent murder-suicide after standoff with police identified
- Young girl dies in South Manheim Twp. ATV crash
- 9-year-old killed in early morning Chester County fire
- Dog injured in Reading house fire
- Police investigate shots fired in Easton
- Police look for missing Douglassville woman
- New mountain slide opens at Camelback
- Man killed when car hits tree in Summit Hill
- Elderly woman dies weeks after crash in Allentown