CHESTER COUNTY, Pa. - Police in Chester County have arrested the fiancée of the suspect accused of sucker punching a man with cerebral palsy.
Denise Schmidt was arrested for allegedly helping Barry Baker, Jr. elude police. She is charged with hindering the apprehension and prosecution of Baker.
On May 10th, Baker allegedly mocked and then punched a man with disabilities outside of a 7-Eleven convenience store in West Chester.
The incident was captured on the store's surveillance video. Baker was charged with assault and related crimes and released after posting bail on May 22.
Warrants for his arrest were issued soon after for parole and probation violations.
Baker was later found and arrested June 5 at a hotel. Police say Schmidt was in the hotel room with him, and rented the room for him under a different name.
The over 2,000 pound bison, named Tatonka or "Tonk", was a member of the Elmwood Park Zoo. Park officials say he was suffering from osteoarthritis.Read More »
- Police arrest Pottstown hotel robbery suspect
- Remains of 2 residents found after West Chester senior center fire
- Police: Pottstown hotel robbed at gunpoint
- Auditor: DNC convention bonuses didn't violate grant terms
- Upper Merion officers cleared in shooting of alleged serial robber
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Ample sunshine today with warmer afternoon temperatures
- Berks County woman killed in Thanksgiving Day crash
- The season of giving kicks off at one Whitehall home
- Updated Life Lessons: Tackle public speaking
- Updated Police in Warren County arrest 3 after report of shots fired
- From turkey to the toy store
- Black Friday shoppers rush Target for door buster deals
- Atypical Thanksgiving traditions abound in the Lehigh Valley
- Italian guests celebrate Thanksgiving in Bethlehem
- Retail stores fight the rise of online shopping