CHESTER COUNTY, Pa. - Police in Chester County have arrested the fiancée of the suspect accused of sucker punching a man with cerebral palsy.
Denise Schmidt was arrested for allegedly helping Barry Baker, Jr. elude police. She is charged with hindering the apprehension and prosecution of Baker.
On May 10th, Baker allegedly mocked and then punched a man with disabilities outside of a 7-Eleven convenience store in West Chester.
The incident was captured on the store's surveillance video. Baker was charged with assault and related crimes and released after posting bail on May 22.
Warrants for his arrest were issued soon after for parole and probation violations.
Baker was later found and arrested June 5 at a hotel. Police say Schmidt was in the hotel room with him, and rented the room for him under a different name.
An alleged drug trafficking organization that operated in multiple states has been put out of business, law enforcement authorities announced Wednesday.Read More »
- Philadelphia sues opioid makers in response to epidemic
- 5 injured in head-on crash in Limerick
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Crews rescue person from Bucks County crash
- Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Updated Chilly, somewhat breezy day today with plenty of sunshine
- Updated Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Updated APD looking for three bumbling armed robbers
- Updated Flu season hits hard: 3 things to know
- Mayor champions Lafayette College expansion plans
- New Lower Saucon police chief a lifelong resident
- City Council acts to ensure vacancies filled by members of same party
- Association moving forward with plans to revitalize three neighborhoods
- Updated Hamburg copes with half a foot of snow
- South Whitehall grants second extension to developer