TORONTO - - Former Flyers coach Fred Shero has been named one of the members of the Hockey Hall of Fame's Class of 2013. Former Flyers players Eric Lindros and Jeremy Roenick did not make the list.
Shero led the Broad Street Bullies to back-to-back Stanley Cup championships in 1974 and '75. He is considered one of the best builders of the sport.
Other members of the class include defensemen Chris Chelios and Scott Niedermayer, along with forward Brendan Shanahan.
Female player Geraldine Heaney was also selected, making her the third female to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame.
The induction ceremony is scheduled for November.
Actor Bill Cosby is set to return to a Pennsylvania courtroom Monday to ask a judge to bring in outside jurors in his criminal sex assault case.Read More »
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities