TORONTO - - Former Flyers coach Fred Shero has been named one of the members of the Hockey Hall of Fame's Class of 2013. Former Flyers players Eric Lindros and Jeremy Roenick did not make the list.
Shero led the Broad Street Bullies to back-to-back Stanley Cup championships in 1974 and '75. He is considered one of the best builders of the sport.
Other members of the class include defensemen Chris Chelios and Scott Niedermayer, along with forward Brendan Shanahan.
Female player Geraldine Heaney was also selected, making her the third female to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame.
The induction ceremony is scheduled for November.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Updated Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Updated A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury