GILBERTSVILLE, Pa. - An event Saturday aims to help a woman who can't use her arms or legs keep her independence.
A chicken barbecue, bake sale and 50/50 raffle will help Cindy Hettinger raise money for a new power wheelchair.
Her wheelchair still functions, but it's falling apart.
She even needs a battery to jump start it most mornings.
The event is set for Zerns Farmers Market in Gilbertsville at 2 p.m.
Organizers say they hope to raise nearly $12,000.
Pete Rose is on the ballot for the Philadelphia Phillies' wall of fame, his first association with the team since he was banned from baseball in 1989.Read More »
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Updated Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Updated Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses