BUCKS CO., Pa. - A national campaign to get you to turn off the TV and head outside is Saturday, June 9. It's the fifth annual National Get Outdoors Day.
More than 130 parks across the country are participating, including Nockamixon State Park in Bucks County. They're offering free activities like kayaking, geocaching, fishing, and more!
The goal of the day is to encourage healthy, active, outdoor fun. Beth Clark, Environmental Education Specialist for Nockamixon State Park, said, "People aren't getting outside as much as they used to, and they're also not as active as they used to be. We have a big obesity epidemic with kids so it's a great way to get people outside and also being active."
The free activities at Nockamixon State Park go on from 10:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday, June 9th. You don't have to pre-register or anything, just meet at the marina.
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Updated Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars and wins big
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe
- Warm again today with some sunshine