BUCKS CO., Pa. - A national campaign to get you to turn off the TV and head outside is Saturday, June 9. It's the fifth annual National Get Outdoors Day.
More than 130 parks across the country are participating, including Nockamixon State Park in Bucks County. They're offering free activities like kayaking, geocaching, fishing, and more!
The goal of the day is to encourage healthy, active, outdoor fun. Beth Clark, Environmental Education Specialist for Nockamixon State Park, said, "People aren't getting outside as much as they used to, and they're also not as active as they used to be. We have a big obesity epidemic with kids so it's a great way to get people outside and also being active."
The free activities at Nockamixon State Park go on from 10:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday, June 9th. You don't have to pre-register or anything, just meet at the marina.
- Updated DA orders grand jury investigation of fatal police shooting
- Fire destroys building, several vehicles in Berks
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Updated Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- Updated New Jersey lawmakers try again to raise smoking age to 21
- Bloomsbury man guilty in sex assault case involving child
- Updated Health Beat: New treatment for CMS
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Reading School District
- Catty man allegedly exposes himself to teen, asks is she 'open minded'
- Privatizing Berks jail an option 'too tempting to ignore'