WEST ROCKHILL TWP., Pa. - Eighteen-year-old Avery Blue of Gilbertsville was arrested Jan. 31 after trying to charge police and striking a security officer in the face.
It happened at 12:25 a.m. Jan. 31 in the parking lot of Grand View Hospital in West Rockhill Township near Sellersville, Bucks County.
A Pennridge Regional Police officer responded to the hospital for an incident involving one of Blue's family members.
Police said Blue became upset and attempted to charge the police officer.
Security guards and Perkasie police held Blue so he could not charge the officer.
Blue then struck one of the security officers in the face and was taken to the ground. He continued to resist and eventually was taken into custody.
He was charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct by Pennridge police.
Blue lives in Miranda Terrace in Gilbertsville.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Vehicle hits Berks apartment building; 2 families displaced
- Phantoms eliminated from playoffs
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA