GLENSIDE, Pa. - Police arrested a Glenside man after finding 45 images of child pornography on his cell phone.
James Wheelock, 50, is facing 45 counts of sexual abuse of children -- child pornography as well as criminal use of a communications facility.
Officials say a witness provided police with two images taken from Wheelock's cellphone, which depicted children under the age of 18 engaged in sexual acts and poses.
A search warrant was then executed at Wheelock's residence where electronic devices were seized. After examination, police found 45 images of child pornography in addition to messages between Wheelock and another person on his cell phone. Officials say the messages revealed the two spoke about wanting to sexually assault a 7-year-old child and 8-month-old baby.
Wheelock was arrested Nov. 22 with bail set at $100,000. He currently remains in the Montgomery County Correctional Facility unable to post bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 5.
The United States Senate has confirmed William M. McSwain, a partner at a law firm in Philadelphia to serve as the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Traffic restrictions, road crews in place ahead of storm
- PennDOT prepares for yet another winter storm
- Too-young lieutenant governor candidate ordered off ballot
- Transit riders warned of disruptions due to storm
- Political analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District
- Pennridge students use punishment to propel new movement
- New WATCH: Clayton Stiver's morning forecast
- Updated Steve Mittman's traffic report (5am)
- Updated 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh Valley (5am)
- Updated 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5am)
- Updated Vehicle restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- Bethlehem's Second Avenue will be narrowed: Council
- Parkland enrollment up, requests more staff
- Senate confirms top prosecutor for Eastern District
- Department of Labor sues East Penn Manufacturing
- Updated Traffic restrictions, road crews in place ahead of storm