ABINGTON, Pa. - A lockdown at Penn State Abington, Montgomery County, has been lifted after a weapon scare.
Police say the weapon was a pellet or BB gun and there was never any danger.
They say a man was showing the gun to a friend and was already home when the school went into lockdown.
Police say the man contacted police when he heard about the lockdown and is in custody.
They say charges are possible.
Philadelphia police were continuing to investigate after raiding a pot-smoking party at a city warehouse, arresting 22 people and seizing 50 pounds of marijuana.Read More »
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Updated Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Updated Dorney sworn in as new Allentown police chief
- Updated Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Northampton man accused of choking girlfriend unconscious
- Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends