ARDMORE, Pa. - The USGA wanted firm and fast greens to challenge the world's best at this year's U.S. Open at Merion. Instead, they'll have soft greens, making it easier for better scores on this shorter course.
Merion Golf Club was pounded by heavy rains on Monday, washing out many of the practice rounds. The rain also means the course will be much softer than desired, making this already shorter course more susceptible to good scoring.
Dan Moscaritolo has the story.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Updated Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University