FRANCONIA TWP., Pa. - An employee of the Franconia Township Highway Department in Montgomery County was killed and another worker seriously hurt after they got hit by a car.
It happened around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday on West Broad Street in Franconia Township.
Authorities say both workers were rushed to the hospital.
One of the men later died from his injuries.
Police say the men were part of a crew painting lines on the road.
Officials say the driver stayed at the scene after the accident.
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Crews rescue person from Bucks County crash
- Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Man acquitted in abuse of boy at animal costume parties
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Updated Messy morning commute with steady snow early, gradually tapering
- Updated Snow tapering off this morning
- Updated Steve Mittman's Traffic Report
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - Allentown
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - Cumru Twp
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol - Northampton Borough
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Fraud, theft trending high in Cumru
- Bethlehem wants more critical look at tax-incentivized programs