HONEY BROOK TWP., Pa. - A man has been charged in a crash that killed a woman in Chester County.
The crash happened around 11 a.m. Wednesday on Route 322, near Chestnut Tree Road, in Honey Brook Township, about seven miles south of Morgantown.
Kenneth Haldeman Jr. was driving a pickup truck west on Route 322 when he crossed into the eastbound lane and collided with the victim's car, police said.
Diana Weaver, 70, of West Chester, died at the scene.
Haldeman, 51, was under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the crash, police said.
He was arrested on charges of homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, DUI, reckless driving, careless driving, and related offenses. He was committed to the Chester County Prison on $250,000 bail.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call state police at Embreeville at 610-486-6280.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Updated Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon