BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. - First daughter, Ivanka Trump, is hitting the road to help her father sell his tax plan.
Her first stop was at a forum right here in Bucks County.
It's their money and some want to know how much of it they will be able to keep.
"Listen to see what they have to offer," said Maria Kutz, from Whitehall Township. "What the whole tax reform is all about."
Others say they've checked out the Senate budget plan that is seen as a precursor to tax reform and they are concerned about possible cuts to programs that benefit older Americans.
"Struggling around health care and seeing cuts in programs that help a lot of people just bother me dramatically," said protester, Santo Gairo.
President Donald Trump is hoping to get tax reform passed by the end of the year.
His daughter and advisor, Ivanka Trump, told a crowd in Richboro, Bucks County the new tax code is way overdue.
"People, Americans, want tax reform," said Ivanka Trump. "They want simplicity, it's too complicated."
Trump, accompanied by U.S. treasurer, Jovita Carranza, says the new code will double the standard deduction, increase some child tax credits, and cap certain small business taxes.
Moves that will help the middle class, a priority according to the speakers.
"Each family could realize about a $4,000 return, additional in their income," said Carranza.
When asked about how they can insure the reform will pass, both women say that is why they are on this tour speaking to people.
The thought is simplifying the tax code will put everyone on an equal playing field.
"We have to create jobs, we have to create growth, but we also have to support that American workers family," said Trump.
Police are investigating yet another case of thieves making off with a loot of lingerie from a Victoria's Secret store.Read More »
- Standoff in New Jersey leaves former Bucks County man dead
- Cosby wants judge ousted over wife's sex-assault advocacy
- Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- BARTA suspends evening bus service; Bieber buses also idled
- Speed, travel restrictions lifted on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- US Senate confirms top prosecutor for Pa.'s Eastern District
- 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Band of thieves sought in theft from Victoria's Secret store
- Police chief switches from Allentown to South Whitehall Twp.
- Updated Good Shepherd to open rehab center at Penn State St. Joseph
- Updated Safety concerns arise over polling places at Butz Elementary
- Updated 3 development projects slated for South Whitehall Township
- Updated Lehigh Valley Auto Show rolls on despite late start
- Updated Saving a shoveled-out space? Move it or lose it, city says
- Updated Suspect out of hospital after crash involving stolen minivan
- Updated Residents spotted digging out from fourth winter storm