DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - The man accused of taking part in the brutal rape and murder of his girlfriend's 14-year old daughter waived his formal arraignment Friday and will stand trial.
The Bucks County district attorney is seeking the death penalty for Jacob Sullivan and his girlfriend Sara Packer. They will stand trial together. It is set to begin on March 26, 2018.
Sullivan and his girlfriend Sara Packer are being charged for what authorities are calling a "rape-murder fantasy" of Packer's adoptive daughter Grace.
The Bucks County DA is seeking the death penalty for both Packer and Sullivan.
Grace's body was found dismembered and dumped in the woods in a remote location in Bear Creek Township, Luzerne County, last Halloween.
Investigators say Sullivan confessed to raping and killing Grace in front of Sara Packer in July and say Sullivan also assaulted the victim two weeks before her murder.
Both he and Packer face more than a dozen charges, including kidnapping, homicide and abuse of a corpse.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business