DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - The man accused of taking part in the brutal rape and murder of his girlfriend's 14-year old daughter waived his formal arraignment Friday and will stand trial.
The Bucks County district attorney is seeking the death penalty for Jacob Sullivan and his girlfriend Sara Packer. They will stand trial together. It is set to begin on March 26, 2018.
Sullivan and his girlfriend Sara Packer are being charged for what authorities are calling a "rape-murder fantasy" of Packer's adoptive daughter Grace.
The Bucks County DA is seeking the death penalty for both Packer and Sullivan.
Grace's body was found dismembered and dumped in the woods in a remote location in Bear Creek Township, Luzerne County, last Halloween.
Investigators say Sullivan confessed to raping and killing Grace in front of Sara Packer in July and say Sullivan also assaulted the victim two weeks before her murder.
Both he and Packer face more than a dozen charges, including kidnapping, homicide and abuse of a corpse.
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Bill Cosby judge to rule on whether to release juror names
- Police: Man stabbed several times in Pottstown
- Judge to decide Wednesday on release of Cosby juror names
- Train carrying butter derails in Sellersville
- Firefighters fight three-alarm fire in Birdsboro
- Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- 34th Annual Schnecksville Community Fair underway
- Phillipsburg man arrested on heroin charges
- DYN-A-MITE Auctions a family affair
- Allentown to discuss banning "conversion therapy"
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Students attend special summer camp at Kutztown U.
- Company cuts ribbon on organic chicken hatchery
- Concerns in Emmaus about possible Rodale sale