UPPER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - A Montgomery County man accused of stealing gifts from a wedding last week is now facing additional charges in connection with the theft of stealing gifts from a second wedding.
Joseph Patrick Franzone, Jr. turned himself into authorities Friday to face charges of stealing $3,000-$5,000 in gifts from a wedding July 7 at the William Penn Inn in Lower Gwynedd Twp.
Franzone, 35, of 324 Cherry Alley in Bridgeport, was arrested Wednesday for allegedly stealing a wedding cake card box from a wedding reception at RiverCrest Golf Club June 22 in Upper Providence Twp.
During that reception, witnesses saw a white man wearing shorts and T-shirt loitering around the reception area. Around 8:50 p.m., a witness saw the man walk to where the cake box was displayed, pick it up and fled into the parking lot.
The value of the stolen gifts is approximately $9,000.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Near-record warmth again on Friday
- Updated Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- 12 displaced in Allentown apartment fire
- Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds