UPPER PROVIDENCE TWP., Pa. - A Montgomery County man accused of stealing gifts from a wedding last week is now facing additional charges in connection with the theft of stealing gifts from a second wedding.
Joseph Patrick Franzone, Jr. turned himself into authorities Friday to face charges of stealing $3,000-$5,000 in gifts from a wedding July 7 at the William Penn Inn in Lower Gwynedd Twp.
Franzone, 35, of 324 Cherry Alley in Bridgeport, was arrested Wednesday for allegedly stealing a wedding cake card box from a wedding reception at RiverCrest Golf Club June 22 in Upper Providence Twp.
During that reception, witnesses saw a white man wearing shorts and T-shirt loitering around the reception area. Around 8:50 p.m., a witness saw the man walk to where the cake box was displayed, pick it up and fled into the parking lot.
The value of the stolen gifts is approximately $9,000.
The search for 12 jurors and six alternates for Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial is off to a brisk start even though a third of the initial jury pool had an opinion about Cosby's guilt or innocence and an equal number said they or someone close...Read More »
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt
- Police searching for 2 men after 2 armed robberies in Reading hours apart
- Palmer police looking for 2 men accused of stealing $300 worth of razors from Giant
- Northampton teen leads police on 30-minute chase
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Updated Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- Updated A first hand look at the training firefighters go through
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- Clouds and some sun today; rain stays south and east today and tomorrow
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex