PHILADELPHIA - A jury weighing murder charges against a Philadelphia abortion provider is re-hearing several hours of testimony before resuming deliberations.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is charged with killing a patient and four babies allegedly born alive. Gosnell, 72, routinely killed babies born alive, prosecutors said.
The jury is set to spend much of Wednesday reviewing the testimony of medical assistant Lynda Williams.
One of the infant deaths Gosnell is charged with relates to Williams. She has testified that she cut the child in the back of the neck after it was alive for about 20 minutes.
Gosnell is charged with first degree murder for allegedly conspiring with Williams to kill that baby. Williams has pleaded guilty to third-degree murder.
The jury has been deliberating for a week.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Updated Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey