PHILADELPHIA - A jury weighing murder charges against a Philadelphia abortion provider is re-hearing several hours of testimony before resuming deliberations.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is charged with killing a patient and four babies allegedly born alive. Gosnell, 72, routinely killed babies born alive, prosecutors said.
The jury is set to spend much of Wednesday reviewing the testimony of medical assistant Lynda Williams.
One of the infant deaths Gosnell is charged with relates to Williams. She has testified that she cut the child in the back of the neck after it was alive for about 20 minutes.
Gosnell is charged with first degree murder for allegedly conspiring with Williams to kill that baby. Williams has pleaded guilty to third-degree murder.
The jury has been deliberating for a week.
A Montgomery County judge has ruled that a jury from outside the area will hear the sexual assault case against actor Bill Cosby.Read More »
- Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Former Montana West building sold
- Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- Neighbor of man shot by police: 'Fear for my family'
- Storm cleanup underway in Bushkill Twp.
- More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- Man lands in jail on outstanding warrant, $1 bail
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs