PHILADELPHIA - A jury weighing murder charges against a Philadelphia abortion provider is re-hearing several hours of testimony before resuming deliberations.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is charged with killing a patient and four babies allegedly born alive. Gosnell, 72, routinely killed babies born alive, prosecutors said.
The jury is set to spend much of Wednesday reviewing the testimony of medical assistant Lynda Williams.
One of the infant deaths Gosnell is charged with relates to Williams. She has testified that she cut the child in the back of the neck after it was alive for about 20 minutes.
Gosnell is charged with first degree murder for allegedly conspiring with Williams to kill that baby. Williams has pleaded guilty to third-degree murder.
The jury has been deliberating for a week.
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- Updated Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Boutique at the Rink 2017 kicks off next Tuesday
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Finding your authentic self
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store set for preliminary hearing
- Some rain this morning followed by clouds and some sunny breaks this afternoon
- Bethel-Tulpehocken Library anticipates major renovations
- Exeter Township Police enforce zero-tolerance policy
- Pa. DEP holds IESI Landfill meeting