POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Kidnapping charges have been dropped against four people who were accused of robbing a Pottstown man by holding him at gunpoint for 10 hours.
Kidnapping charges were dropped Tuesday against Kenneth Cruz of Bethlehem, Kristopher Phillips of Allentown, Trystan Margle and Valentina Carney. The kidnapping and related charges were dropped because the victim did not show up for a court hearing.
The four suspects still face trial on robbery and burglary charges.
They are accused in an incident that happened last October.
According to police, the suspects met the victim at a Bethlehem bar. The victim told police he originally went with them willingly, but was later robbed and held at gunpoint.
Police said the suspects eventually dropped the victim off at his Pottstown apartment, where he call 911.
A Democratic candidate's run for the Pennsylvania Legislature is down the drain, partly because he used too little water at the house he claimed as his residence.Read More »
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set