POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Kidnapping charges have been dropped against four people who were accused of robbing a Pottstown man by holding him at gunpoint for 10 hours.
Kidnapping charges were dropped Tuesday against Kenneth Cruz of Bethlehem, Kristopher Phillips of Allentown, Trystan Margle and Valentina Carney. The kidnapping and related charges were dropped because the victim did not show up for a court hearing.
The four suspects still face trial on robbery and burglary charges.
They are accused in an incident that happened last October.
According to police, the suspects met the victim at a Bethlehem bar. The victim told police he originally went with them willingly, but was later robbed and held at gunpoint.
Police said the suspects eventually dropped the victim off at his Pottstown apartment, where he call 911.
Bill Cosby's lawyers accused Pennsylvania prosecutors of trying to "systematically" keep blacks off the jury Tuesday after prosecutors used their strikes to keep two black women off the panel.Read More »
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- APD looking for woman who yelled "sorry" after dragging boy on bike behind car
- The "Textalyzer" could be coming to a police station near you
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- New Palmer receives $347K grant for Chrin Field development project
- New Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Reading Planning Commission, Alvernia move forward with Health Complex
- New Pa. DEP Holds IESI Landfill Meeting
- New Easton's new police headquarters taking shape
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting