LANSDALE, Pa. - A Montgomery County community is on alert after a report of a fourth grade girl being followed by a van while walking home from school.
Police said the girl's mother contacted police after the girl reported being followed from the area of Oak Park Elementary School in Lansdale by a black and red older-model conversion van for several blocks Tuesday afternoon.
The child stated that the driver, whom she never saw, never attempted to make contact, but whenever the child increased or decreased her walking speed, the van followed suit.
The child walked to a nearby friend's house, at which time the van reportedly left the area. Police said they notified school officials of the reported incident.
The investigation is continuing.
- Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Updated Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting
- Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients