LANSDALE, Pa. - A Montgomery County community is on alert after a report of a fourth grade girl being followed by a van while walking home from school.
Police said the girl's mother contacted police after the girl reported being followed from the area of Oak Park Elementary School in Lansdale by a black and red older-model conversion van for several blocks Tuesday afternoon.
The child stated that the driver, whom she never saw, never attempted to make contact, but whenever the child increased or decreased her walking speed, the van followed suit.
The child walked to a nearby friend's house, at which time the van reportedly left the area. Police said they notified school officials of the reported incident.
The investigation is continuing.
The rain interfered with plans for some VIP guests at the Pottstown parade, but the true meaning of Memorial Day couldn't be obscured by the clouds.Read More »
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather