KINTNERSVILLE, Pa. - The Olympics may be over but one Bucks County family is still basking in the silver glow of success.
Chris Creveling scored a silver medal at the games for short track speed skating team relay.
"Wonderful to see hard work and dedication pay off, especially with that medal," father Ross Creveling said.
"It was pandemonium, the Russian people were in there. Just so loud and overwhelming. I've been to Flyers home game when they won the Stanley Cup, it was nothing compared to that," Ross said of being inside the arena.
Prior to his two week trip, talk of possible terrorism at the Olympic Games dominated national and world conversation; however Ross said he never felt unsafe.
"Had to go through security screens. Not overwhelming, not oppressive," he said.
A now infamous tweet by U.S. Bobsledder Johnny Quinn shows construction snafus also threatened to scar Sochi.
Creveling said he saw a giant Marriott Hotel sitting empty as construction wasn't completed.
"Overall it was very adequate. If could have gotten it all done would have been spectacular," he said.
What has been spectacular? Chris's rise to skating prominence.
Prior to the games, Palisades High, his alma mater, had a Chris Creveling day.
"Makes your heart burst," Ross went on to say.
"He wanted people who supported him to feel like this was as much about them as it was about him," Ross added.
Creveling said his son is already thinking about South Korea in 2018, but first has to get through the World Championships in two weeks.
Three more jurors were chosen Tuesday to serve on the panel that will hear Bill Cosby’s sexual assault case, bringing to eight the number so far agreed upon by prosecutors and the defense team.Read More »
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Police charge 80-year-old with child rape
- Updated 8 people now seated on jury in Bill Cosby's sex assault case
- Updated Concert bombing prompts Taylor Swift to break Twitter silence
- Health Beat: Kids and concussions: How many is too many?
- PHOTOS: 2 gunmen rob pair of stores in Reading
- Commission approves LED lights for 'Trenton Makes' Bridge
- 87-year-old man dies after car crash in Bath earlier this month
- Variable cloudiness this afternoon with most of the rain staying south and east today and tomorrow
- Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through