KINTNERSVILLE, Pa. - The Olympics may be over but one Bucks County family is still basking in the silver glow of success.
Chris Creveling scored a silver medal at the games for short track speed skating team relay.
"Wonderful to see hard work and dedication pay off, especially with that medal," father Ross Creveling said.
"It was pandemonium, the Russian people were in there. Just so loud and overwhelming. I've been to Flyers home game when they won the Stanley Cup, it was nothing compared to that," Ross said of being inside the arena.
Prior to his two week trip, talk of possible terrorism at the Olympic Games dominated national and world conversation; however Ross said he never felt unsafe.
"Had to go through security screens. Not overwhelming, not oppressive," he said.
A now infamous tweet by U.S. Bobsledder Johnny Quinn shows construction snafus also threatened to scar Sochi.
Creveling said he saw a giant Marriott Hotel sitting empty as construction wasn't completed.
"Overall it was very adequate. If could have gotten it all done would have been spectacular," he said.
What has been spectacular? Chris's rise to skating prominence.
Prior to the games, Palisades High, his alma mater, had a Chris Creveling day.
"Makes your heart burst," Ross went on to say.
"He wanted people who supported him to feel like this was as much about them as it was about him," Ross added.
Creveling said his son is already thinking about South Korea in 2018, but first has to get through the World Championships in two weeks.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Updated Police called to shooting in Allentown, 2 taken to hospital
- Wilson superintendent resigns after auditor's report
- Updated Warmer air returns this afternoon through the end of the week with a few showers
- Updated In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- Bethlehem Township man killed in motorcycle crash
- Updated Sinking Spring man charged in case of road rage
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Mohnton man ordered to prison in theft of power tools
- Wrestler's dad sues to attend matches at rival school