LOWER POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - Police in Montgomery County are looking for a man believed to be armed and dangerous.
Officers were called to Hilltop Estates on East High Road in Lower Pottsgrove Township around 11 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a suspicious male in a car.
Police found the man, who appeared to be under the influence, had a stolen gun.
When officers tried to take him into custody a struggle ensued and the man fled in a car, injuring an officer and hitting several parked cars, police said.
He ditched the car and took off on foot, then broke into a nearby home and stole the keys to another car, police said.
The man fled in the stolen vehicle, a white 2011 Dodge Avenger with the license plate DTP-0883, police said.
The officer sustained minor injuries and was treated at the hospital then released back to duty.
The suspect is a 5-foot-9 black man with short, curly, black hair and facial hair, police said. He was last seen wearing blue jeans and a long-sleeved green shirt with colored lettering.
Lower Pottsgrove police said the man may be dangerous, and residents should not approach him.
Any information or suspicious activity should be reported to police at 610-326-1508 or by calling 911.
'Did you find the body?' Arrest made in 38-year-old homicide caseRead More »
- New Hope police department conducting internal review after officer-involved shooting
- Teacher accused of having inappropriate conversations with 2 students on social media
- Pennsylvania government watchdog to probe Grace Packer's murder
- Montgomery County teacher accused of sexting with 2 students
- Ex-Black Panther gets new hearing in 1981 police death
- Lower Pottsgrove police: 'Suspicious' armed man injures officer, flees in stolen car
- 5-year-old boy reportedly rushed to hospital in Reading after being struck by car
- Developer gives update on Allentown's NIZ, revitalization efforts
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Route 10 in Robeson Township
- Updated Two I-78 westbound lanes closed in Upper Saucon Township after accident involving tractor-trailer
- Derailment cleanup expected to last until end of next week
- "Record" sales for store in the P'Burg Mall
- Bucks cold case: Man charged with homicide in wife's 1981 disappearance
- Police say alleged DUI wreck sheared driver's car in half
- Easton's West Ward gets $1.2 million grant for revitalization
- Allentown mayoral candidates to square off at debate Thursday night