PHILADELPHIA - A Delaware County girl who received lung transplants has suffered a setback, according to her mother's Facebook page.
Janet Murnaghan said Monday that 10-year-old Sarah has developed pneumonia in her right lung. They believe its caused by aspirations from her belly.
She is reportedly more stable Monday, but this is definitely a large setback.
The Newtown Square girl suffers from severe cystic fibrosis. She underwent the operation amid a national debate over the organ allocation process.
After a suit was filed by the Murnaghan family, the organization that oversees national transplant policies approved a one-year change that makes children younger than 12 eligible for priority on adult lung transplant lists.
April is Autism Awareness Month and a Bucks County woman wants to prove those on the spectrum can succeed in the business world.Read More »
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal