Montgomery County is celebrating an honor that's all about the kids.
U.S. News and World Report has ranked Montgomery County as one of the nation's 50 healthiest counties for children.
It's 35th-best and it's the only Pennsylvania county in the rankings.
The rankings take into account several statistics including poverty infant deaths and teen births.
Marin County near San Francisco is the healthiest county.
Hunterdon County, New Jersey was actually ranked higher than Montgomery County at 13th.
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Man held up after posting Craigslist ad
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts