WEST CALN TWP., Pa. - A pedestrian was struck and killed by a hit-and-run vehicle in Chester County early Sunday morning, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
The 20-year-old man was walking along Hill Road, east of Compass Road, in West Caln Township, when he was struck by a vehicle sometime between 3:28 a.m. and 3:39 a.m., police said.
The vehicle then fled the area.
The victim, a man from Honey Brook whose name has not been released, was rushed to Paoli Hospital, where he died.
Anyone who was driving in the area at the time or who has information about the incident is asked to contact the state police Embreeville barracks at 610-486-6280.
Buses are rolling in and around the greater Reading area, but beyond that, you may be out of luck.Read More »
- US Senate confirms top prosecutor for Pa.'s Eastern District
- Traffic restrictions, road crews in place ahead of storm
- PennDOT prepares for yet another winter storm
- Too-young lieutenant governor candidate ordered off ballot
- Transit riders warned of disruptions due to storm
- Political analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District
- Updated WATCH: 69News Snow Patrol: Allentown (noon)
- Updated WATCH: 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (noon)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (noon)
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated Pa. Senate OKs bill to toughen gun laws in domestic cases
- Updated Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- Updated Crash blocks WB Pa. Turnpike beyond Reading interchange
- BARTA buses rolling through storm; most Bieber buses idled
- LANTA to run on modified scheduled Wednesday
- Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways