DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A man charged with killing a homeless veteran in Bucks County has waived new charges that he stabbed a fellow inmate, officials said.
According to court documents, 21-year-old Dale Wakefield of Doylestown waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday on attempted murder, aggravated assault and related charges.
Officials said Wakefield stabbed another Bucks County Jail inmate in the face and arms with a ball-point pen in February.
Wakefield is behind bars without bail on a first-degree murder charge.
Prosecutors say Wakefield stabbed 71-year-old George Mohr more than 70 times with a pocket knife outside the Doylestown train station last July.
A formal arraignment on the new charges is set for June 6.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Royals fundraiser to honor Al Boscov's commitment to Reading
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Updated Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University