NEWLIN TWP., Pa. - A Chester County man was injured when police said he accidentally shot himself instead of a rat.
Zachary Grant Troop, 27, of West Fallowfield Twp., was accidentally hit by a .22 caliber bullet in his upper leg around 10:30 p.m. March 20.
Police said he was trying to shoot a rat when he hit himself instead, while he was at 940 Marlboro Spring Road in Newlin Twp., Chester Co.
He was taken to Chester County Hospital for treatment.
There's no word on his condition.
The search for 12 jurors and six alternates for Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial is off to a brisk start even though a third of the initial jury pool had an opinion about Cosby's guilt or innocence and an equal number said they or someone close...Read More »
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt
- Updated Police searching for 2 men after 2 armed robberies in Reading hours apart
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- Clouds and some sun today; rain stays south and east today and tomorrow
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's