BEDMINSTER TWP., Pa. - A 64-year-old man is facing homicide by vehicle, DUI and related charges after police said his car collided with a motorcycle, killing the motorcyclist.
The crash happened around 10:20 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of Kellers Church Road in Bedminster Township, Bucks County, just a block from the victim's home in the 800 block.
The motorcyclist, Carl Polichetti III, 47, was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Fountain Hill, Lehigh County, where he died.
An autopsy revealed he died of multiple blunt force injuries and his death was ruled an accident.
A passenger on the motorcycle suffered moderate injuries.
The driver of the car, Dennis Harold Bennett of Doylestown, was committed to the Bucks County Correctional Facility, but posted the required 10 percent of his $100,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for August 4 at 2 p.m.
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Man held up after posting Craigslist ad
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society