A former Montgomery County man accused of killing two teenagers in a marijuana-fueled crash is heading to trial on new charges.
Austin Ewers, 21, formerly of Lower Pottsgrove, waived his preliminary hearing today in Lawrence County.
He was charged with driving drunk in New Wilmington back in November.
In 2009, Ewers was just 16 years old when he was charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and causing a crash that killed two people and injured several more.
He was released from a juvenile treatment facility when he turned 18.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey