A Montgomery County man accused of sending a poison-laced birthday card to a romantic rival had a strange message outside of the courtroom.
Nicholas Helman waived his preliminary hearing Thursday.
He addressed TV news cameras after the hearing.
"Woody, cheer up.. and Ms Woods is a power-controlling control freak. And you're not a liar," he said.
It's unclear to whom Helman is referring.
Helman is charged with sending a card laced with ricin to his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend in March.
Charges including attempted murder and risking a catastrophe have been forwarded to court.
The rain interfered with plans for some VIP guests at the Pottstown parade, but the true meaning of Memorial Day couldn't be obscured by the clouds.Read More »
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather