DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A man from Florida convicted in a Bucks County cold case over 30 years old will spend years in prison.
George Shaw, 57, was sentenced to 13.5 to 27 years in state prison in the murder of Barbara Rowan, 14, in Bensalem back in 1984.
The district attorney said he got the maximum penalty for the third-degree murder conviction.
Police say Shaw drugged and suffocated Rowan, then dumped her body near a highway with a friend's help.
The oldest polar bear in the United States has died.Read More »
- Sweep into an Olympic sport at Bucks County Curling Club
- Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court
- Pa. court issues new congressional map for 2018 elections
- American Legion honors Uber driver for warm-hearted deeds
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Hatfield
- Man charged with aggravated assault in Red Hill incident
- Updated 3 arrested in stabbing of East Stroudsburg student
- 'We're not joking around here, Ed' and other tidbits heard in pay-to-play trial
- Updated Philadelphia's Coldilocks, oldest polar bear in US, dies
- Updated Behind-the-scenes preview of the 2018 Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Show
- Updated Smucker: New congressional map result of 'judicial activism'
- Updated Months-long bridge project closes Blacksmith Road in Amity
- Updated National student walkout planned for March 14 to protest gun violence
- Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ridge recalls heart attack scare
- Pa. court's new congressional map has big impact on Berks
- Updated Truck hauling human waste goes off road near Boyertown