ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - A man charged in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left his ex-girlfriend dead and a Pennsylvania man critically injured has been indicted on a felony murder and other charges.
Atlantic County prosecutors say the nine-count indictment against Jose Lopez was handed up by a county grand jury. The 51-year-old Ventnor man faces a possible life sentence if he's convicted.
Authorities say 54-year-old Atlantic City resident Bessy Blanco was pronounced dead inside her home, while 52-year-old Mark Richart, of Quakertown, was found on a nearby roadway February 18. He's still recovering from his injuries.
Lopez was arrested the day after the stabbing when a Galloway Township police officer spotted him driving Richart's vehicle.
Authorities have said Lopez was kicked out of Blanco's home just days before the stabbings occurred.
An alleged drug trafficking organization that operated in multiple states has been put out of business, law enforcement authorities announced Wednesday.Read More »
- Philadelphia sues opioid makers in response to epidemic
- 5 injured in head-on crash in Limerick
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Crews rescue person from Bucks County crash
- Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Updated Pennsylvania's first marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Updated No snow days for day care centers
- Mixed reactions come after Da Vinci decides to nix aquarium
- Allentown neighbors pay it forward with a shovel
- Health Beat: Lung, liver transplant gives man new life
- Hunterdon County doctor surrenders privilege to prescribe substances
- Post-hurricane shortage of IV bags hurting Berks ambulances
- Man robs 3 after jumping into woman's car at gas station
- Man sought in robbery of V&S Sandwich Shop in Reading