WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - Authorities have identified the man killed in a Chester County crash involving nine vehicles.
Police say Adam Swope, 38, was killed when his vehicle was struck on Route 202 in West Goshen by a tractor trailer that overturned and crossed over to the other side of the road.
The crash occurred around 12:30 Saturday near South Matlack Street. The truck, which was carrying frozen turkeys, burst into flames.
Swope was a graduate of Reading Senior High School with the class of 1997. His family is in the process of setting up a scholarship fund in his name at the high school.
"Adam made a difference in this world and I am beyond grateful that Adam was a part of our lives," said members of the Chester County Democratic Party on their website.
The stretch of Route 202 reopened Sunday morning after being shut down for nearly 14 hours.
Bill Cosby's lawyers have turned to their star witness in the comedian's sexual assault retrial.Read More »
- Witness testifies Constand lied about sexual assault with Cosby
- Southwest flight victim was bank executive, mom of 2
- Publisher says model told her about Cosby 'rape'
- Berks woman on recent flight: 'It... could have been us'
- Search continues in Berks for Southwest jet's missing pieces
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Increasingly windy with rain, possible snow showers Thursday
- Police find overturned car, snapped utility pole, but no driver
- Reading woman wins man's heart...and his kidney
- Updated Life Lessons: Tips for working at home
- Updated Drug experts expected to testify Thursday in Cosby's trial
- Upper Macungie zoning amendments address farm-based entertainment
- South Whitehall getting new police cars, equipment
- PennDOT replacing pipe beneath Easton Road in Lower Saucon
- Reading Schools committee approves renovation project
- Leesport bridge replacement delay frustrates residents