NOCKAMIXON TWP., Pa. - Emergency personnel in Bucks County pulled a man from a frigid pond Wednesday morning after he reportedly tried to save a swan.
The incident happened about 9:30 a.m. in the first block of Buck Drive. Authorities said they rescued a man after his canoe capsized while trying to save a swan in distress.
The person was taken to St. Luke's University Hospital in Fountain Hill. There is no word yet on his condition.
Philadelphia has filed a lawsuit against drug companies that make prescription opioids, saying they've created "an unprecedented public health crisis."Read More »
- 5 injured in head-on crash in Limerick
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Crews rescue person from Bucks County crash
- Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Man acquitted in abuse of boy at animal costume parties
- Updated Whiteout on I-78: Truck barrels through stopped traffic
- Former Parkland HS teacher sentenced for sexual relationship with student
- Businesses shovel out after snow blankets the Poconos
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Updated Free radon test kits available to Lehigh Valley residents
- Updated Victims' needs surveys open in Pennsylvania
- Updated Pennsylvania's first medical marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Updated Snowfall totals in Berks: How much snow did you get?
- Updated GIANT named best grocery store in Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia sues opioid makers in response to epidemic