NOCKAMIXON TWP., Pa. - Emergency personnel in Bucks County pulled a man from a frigid pond Wednesday morning after he reportedly tried to save a swan.
The incident happened about 9:30 a.m. in the first block of Buck Drive. Authorities said they rescued a man after his canoe capsized while trying to save a swan in distress.
The person was taken to St. Luke's University Hospital in Fountain Hill. There is no word yet on his condition.
- Company behind Florida's bridge design has local ties
- Bucks County rehousing program alleviates homeless population
- 'Match Day' a right of passage for medical students
- 200 students pay the price for national walkout participation
- 5 victims to testify in upcoming Bill Cosby trial
- Local students show support for National Walkout Day
- Updated Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- Updated Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
- Copperhead Grille chefs share tasty recipes with 69 News
- Bagpipe players give musical performance at 69 News studio
- Allentown hurlers give demonstration of the sport for 69 News